I am a survivor!!!!

I AM A WIFE AND MOTHER OF TWO INCREDIBLE CHILDREN. I LOVE LIFE AND HAVE A PASSION FOR LIVING WITH ALL THE GIFTS GOD HAS GIVEN TO ME.

I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU MY GIFT OF HOPE!




Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall and Pumpkins, Yum!

Fall is upon us at least here in Texas for today. Who knows tomorrow could be summer again but today we were awakened by much needed blissful rain. A sure sign that the seasons are changing.  Always this time of year sparks traditions of cooking in the kitchen and of course pumpkins. The trouble with C is that is changes your taste buds quite a bit, but delicious custards always seem to soothe dry mouths and hit the spot. This is a recipe in one of my new favorite books " Cancer Fighting Kitchen" by Rebecca Katz and Matt Edelson and is a "Great Pumpkin Custard".
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cardamom
pinch nutmeg
2 organic eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup organic soy milk I prefer to sub almond milk

Preheat the oven to 325F
Stir pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg together in a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then whisk  in the maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Whisk the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.

pour into 6 1/2 cup ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking pan and add enough ht water to the dish to come up 2 inches high around the ramekins. Carefully transfer to oven and bake 45- 55 minutes.
Serve warm or chilled. It is scrumptious either way.

Just a reminder about Saturday at Dixie's in Arlington. They are donating 15% of their sales to my treatment fund...so please come along and shop till you drop of course!

We are receiving some fabulous items for the Benefit Garage Sale. Some practically brand new furniture and wonderful goodies. Do not forget to email me if you have anything for us to collect or you would like to drop off for the sale.

Thank  you again everyone for all you are doing to  help me and my family. I feel so blessed to have you all and am so thankful.

With love,
Robyn

Love lives here in my heart

No comments: